I don't know about your household but in mine, September and October are almost continual birthdays for friends and family. Because I need so many cards for these special occasions, I was happy to have the opportunity to play along with Gail Allen's Watercooler Wednesday "All About Birthdays" challenge.
Why don't you play along this week too? This challenge will be open until 5:00pm on Monday September 18th. It's easy to link up your card to our Linkski and who knows, your creation might "Rock the Watercooler"! Just click here to go to the Watercooler Wednesday home page and check out the rules of play.
One of the stamp sets I fell in love with from the new Holiday catalogue is called Half Full and features a wonderful array of stamps and sentiments that are wine based. I just knew this set would be perfect for some upcoming birthdays. So, without further adieu I'd like to share my Half Full Birthday card for this week's challenge.
Here's My Card:
Supplies:Stamp Sets: Half Full #144999 and Stylized Birthday #141828
Ink and Markers: Momento Tuxedo Black, Fresh Fig,
Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Basic Black and Fresh Fig
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Paper Trimmer, Scissors, Dimensionals, Glossy Accents, Basic Rhinestone, Ribbon (non-SU), Paper Snips for Fussy Cutting.
1. Cut a piece of 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Fresh Fig card stock for base and score at 4 1/4". These are a A2 card dimensions.
2. Cut a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Basic Black card stock for the first layer and adhere to base.
3. Cut a 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" piece of Crumb Cake for top layer. Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig and Fresh Fig ink, stamp four rows of the multi wine glass image across the widest part of this panel. Sponge the edges with Fresh Fig ink and adhere to the Basic Black layer.
4. Stamp the sentiment "Wine improves with age....." on a scrap of Crumb Cake card stock in Fresh Fig. Fussy cut the image and using a sponge dauber and Fresh Fig ink sponge around the edges. Using the 4th label die from the Lots of Labels Framelits cut out a Basic Black label. Center and adhere the Wine Label to the Basic Black label and then cut it down so only the top and 1/16" show around the sides and bottom. Adhere to card front on an angle on the left side. Make a small bow and attach with a glue dot and a Basic Rhinestone.
5. Stamp the wine bottle image on Fresh Fig Card Stock and on Crumb Cake card stock. Fussy cut the Fresh Fig bottle. Fussy cut the wine label and the bottle top from the Crumb Cake bottle and piece on the Fresh Fig bottle. To give the appearance of a glass bottle, use clear glue or Glossy Accents on the Fresh Fig portions of the bottle and let dry. Attach with Dimensionals beside the tag.
6. Stamp the wine glass on Crumb Cake and fussy cut it. Use a Fresh Fig marker to colour in the wine in the glass. Cover the glass with Glossy Accents and let dry, then go over the wine with a Fresh Fig Marker to make it stand out. Attach the glass with Dimensionals beside the wine bottle.
7. To finish the inside of the card begin by cutting a Basic Black panel 5 1/4" x 4" and adhere to card base.
8. Cut a 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" piece of Crumb Cake for the inside panel. Sponge the edges with Fresh Fig ink and stamp "Happy Birthday" using the Stylized Birthday stamp in the center. Stamp a wine glass in the bottom right hand corner.
This card came together pretty quickly and I love the glossy accents on the wine bottle and the glass, it just brought them to life. I know my friend will love receiving this birthday card.
I hope you like it as well and would love to hear your comments. If you started at my blog forget to check out the other Watercooler Wednesday Design Team Birthday Projects. So much inspiration!
PennyTokens Stampin' Spot