Wednesday, September 13, 2017

SUO Demo/Designers Showcase Blog Hop - 2017 Holiday Catalogue



Hi everyone!   Welcome to the SUO Demos and Designers Showcase Blog Hop. We're going to be focusing on new products from the 2017 Holiday Catalogue, and sharing samples of our favourites.  

The new catty has been out for almost two weeks now and there are so many exciting products and ideas we want to share with you. 

I hope you'll check out all the participants blogs for ideas on how to use these products and great tips!

Here's My Favourite:  Musical Season Bundle
I was hoping this season's holiday catalogue would include some designer series paper with musical images or a stamp set.  Well, you simply can't imagine how excited I was when I found not only was there designer paper but a stamp set with coordinating dies too!  I'm sure you could hear me all the way down the block, I was so elated with the Musical Season Bundle and the Merry Music Specialty Designer Series Paper. 
The Musical Season Bundle includes the 7 piece rubber stamp set called Musical Season and a 6 piece coordinating die set called Musical Instruments
This is the Merry Music Specialty Designer Series Paper which includes 24 sheets of lightweight paper printed with traditional Christmas carols in English, French and German. This Basic Black and White paper pack has four each of six  double sided sheets.

I can't say enough about these fun products. I first used the Merry Music DSP for my cards in the Creative Circle 3-D Piano Project last week and I was very happy with the way they turned out.  This paper is amazing.



I hope you'll enjoy the card I made for tonight's hop and come back to see more over the coming weeks. 




Supplies:
Stamp Set:  Musical Season Clear Mount
Card Stock:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Silver Foil, Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Big Shot Machine, Paper Trimmer, Black Rhinestones, Seasonal Layers Thinlet Dies, Stitched Shapes Thinlet Dies, Dimensionals, Zip Glue


The snowflakes were cut out with Seasonal Layers Thinlet dies.  I've added one of those gorgeous Black Rhinestones to the center and there are some more rhinestones in the top and bottom corner of the card.  Love them!  


The Silver Glimmer Paper is to die for and paired with the DSP it's pure magic.  There are lots of layers on this card and for the most part I only left a 1/8" difference in the measurements.  It seems to give a more glamorous look than the wider margins do.  I really enjoyed blending the Silver Foil and Glimmer with this DSP.  
Well I hope you enjoyed seeing my favourites from the Holiday Catalogue.  This is such a great hop.  Hope you'll continue going down the list and seeing all of today's projects. 




Happy Stamping!
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot

15 comments:

QueenBCreations said...

Wow, great job! Very elegant cards!

Tanya Boser said...

Penny, this is such a festive card. Love all the shiny layers :)

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks so much Lisa, appreciate your commenting.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks so much Tanya. Glad you liked the shiny layers. A bit hard to capture in the photos.

Liz Holloway Design said...

Wow Penny! - I was stuck with this set. Now my mind is turning with ideas! Thanks for the inspirations!

Kate said...

Oh, I was so tempted to get this bundle and then didn't now I may have to change my mind!

Elizabeth Green said...

What a stunning card. Love it.

Juana Ambida said...

Gorgeous card Penny. Love all the layers and the monochromatic colours, the silver tones and accents are just elegant and perfect for the festive season. :)

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks Kate and Liz. I was happy I bought this set from the moment I stamped the pretty little banjo thingy. Blew me away with the detail.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks Juan. I'm a big fan of the black and white this year and teaming it up with silver or gold just enhances it so much .

Diane Evans said...

Very nice job. Thank you for sharing.

Jessie Holton said...

The piano cards are so cute but I love how amazing the DSP looks mixed with Silver foil! xx

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks so much Jessie. Appreciate it. Yes the DSP really goes great with the silver foil! Love it!

Leonie Schroder said...

wow Penny ... what amazing cards! So festive :)

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks so much for dropping by and making my day Leonie. I loved making these cards and it's so nice to be acknowledged. Hope you'll drop by again.

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...