It's hard to believe but we've reached the end of May and it's time for our WWC121 Anything Goes challenge. Are you up for it?
For all the challenge details and to share your project, visit the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. We'd love to have you join us. You have until 5:00pm Pacific Time on Monday, June 5th to link your project.
Now that the weather is finally improving and summer is just around the corner, I was inspired to make a Pop N' Twist birthday card for a guy friend showcasing the great outdoors. He's an avid camper, so this card should make him smile.
Stamp Sets: Always An Adventure(R), Balloon Adventures (R), Guy Greetings and Birthday Blast (R).
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Whisper White and 2 sheets of DSP from the Warmth and Cheer DSP Pack
Inks: Old Olive, Crumb Cake and Momento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Acrylic Blocks, Big Shot, Paper Trimmer, Outdoor Adventures Framelits, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Bunch of Banners and Stitched Shapes Thinlet Dies, Tom Bow Glue, Dimensionals, Black Rhinestones, Bone Folder and Detail Scissors.
I've been procrastinating about buying the Always an Adventure stamp set and coordinating Outdoor Adventure Framelits before they retired at the end of this month. Fortunately my sister loaned me her set to make this project and I've made up my mind to get it. I think I was sold when I cut out the mountains. What fun!
How It Came Together:
Note: When I construct a Pop N' Twist card I make all the foundation pieces out of the same colour of card stock. For this card I cut the following from Very Vanilla card stock:
- Card Base - 4 1/4" x 11" and scored at 5 1/2"
- Pop N' Twist Hinge - 3 1/2" x 8" scored at 1 3/4" for the center. On the long side measure down from the top to 2 1/4" and mark with a pencil. Turn and measure from the bottom up 2 1/4" and mark with a pencil. Do this on both long of the hinge. Take a ruler and link up lines in an X. Use the lines as a guideline and use your trimmer to score along the X lines.
- Accordion Fold Piece - 3 1/2 x 10 scored at 2 1/2", 5" and 7 1/2"
- Belly Band 3/4" x 10" scored at 2" and 6 4/8"
Layer 1: 4" x 5 1/4" Basic Black card stock. Before adhering to the card base die cut the 3 5/8" circle from this piece and set aside.
Layer 2: Cut a piece of DSP to measure 3 3/4" x 5" and adhere to 1st layer.
Layer 3: Adhere the Basic Black circle to the upper top of the DSP. Cut a 3 1/4" circle from Crumb Cake with the Circle Framelits. To create the scene die cut the mountains from Chocolate Chip, the Peaks from Crumb Cake, the Clouds from Whisper White, the stand of trees from Old Olive, a black bear stamped with Tuxedo Black ink on Whisper White, and a tent stamped in Crumb Cake on Very Vanilla. Layer these pieces onto the Crumb Cake circle. The mountains, peaks, and clouds are all glued flat with Tom Bow Glue and the trees, tent, and bear are popped up with Dimensionals. Attach the Crumb Cake circle to the black circle with Dimensionals.
Belly Band: Crease the folds and adhere at the back with a piece of sticky strip. Stamp "The Best is Yet to Come" in Momento Tuxedo Black ink in the center front. Cut out a banner from Basic Black using the Bunch of Banner dies and center over sentiment. I added 3 small black rhinestones beneath the words.
Inside of Card:
1. For the top of the card cut a 3 5/8" x 4 1/8" piece of Basic Black card stock and a 3 1/2 x 4" piece of DSP and glue to the card base.
2. For the bottom of the card cut a 3 5/8" x 4 1/8" piece of Basic Black and a 3 1/2 x 4" piece of Very Vanilla. Glue to the bottom of the card base. Stamp the sentiment "Celebrate You" from the Birthday Blast stamp set and the bear in Tuxedo Black ink on the Very Vanilla layer.
3. Cut 4 3 1/4 x 2 1/4" pieces of Basic Black card stock for the Accordion Fold piece. Cut 2 Very Vanilla and 2 DSP pieces to measure 2" x 3" and glue to the Basic Black layers.
Well there you have it for today. I really enjoy creating these Pop N' Twist cards. Pulling all the elements together is so much fun. I hope you enjoyed this one as much as I did and would be happy if you could leave me a comment. It makes my day. In the meantime....
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot