It's time for this week's Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #106, hosted by the incredibly talented Heidi Weaver. Heidi is challenging us to make a Clean and Simple Card with Sparkle.
The rules are simple for our Clean And Simple challenge. Show lots of open space, use minimal layers and use minimal embellishments. The Watercooler Artists have given you many great examples of what our Clean And Simple challenge looks like.
Here's My Card:
You'll see by my use of the word "Sparkle" that I chose to interpret this challenge quite literally. I simply couldn't resist since we have a fun new Stampin' Up! stamp set called "Love Sparkles" in the new Occasions Catalogue.
Stamp Sets: Love Sparkles #143183 and Balloon Adventures #142823
Card Stock: Whisper White and Basic Black
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Trimmer, Stamp-a-ma-jig,Tom Bow Glue, Basic Rhinestones, Wink of Stella.
|Love Sparkles #143183 There are 13 rubber stamps in this set that are sure to help you get your glam on! I used the little spray of stars and the word sparkle to enhance this card and loved the results.|
|Balloon Adventures #142823 Such a fun stamp set! I love all the sentiments and there are so many ways to use this 17 piece Photopolymer two-step stamp set that co-ordinates with the Balloon Thinlet Pop-up Dies. Bundle and save 15%.|
1. Cut an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" base from Whisper White card stock
2. Cut a 51/4" x 4" Basic Black mat for the first layer. Adhere to base.
3. Cut a 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" Whisper White piece for the top mat.
4. Starting at left edge of top mat randomly stamp a series of stars from top to bottom in Momento Tuxedo Black Ink. Note by positioning in a different direction as you stamp each image, it will create a ribbon like effect. Colour these stars with Clear Wink of Stella.
|Link stamped image as you move along the length of paper so the design flows.|
6. Using a Stamp-ma-jig for perfect placement stamp "Sparkle" four times. Use the Clear Wink of Stella brush to add tiny sparkling details on each of the letters. Adhere this mat to the Basic Black one.
7. Cut a 51/4 x 4" Basic Black mat for the inside of the card and adhere with Tom Bow glue.
8. Cut a 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" Whisper White layer.
9. Stamp the sentiment "No One Deserves a Happier Birthday Than You" from the Balloon Adventure stamp set in Tuxedo Black Ink in the center.
Voila this card is finished!
Well that's it for me this week. If you haven't had a chance to check out the other Watercooler Wednesday Design Team Artist's creations, just click on the link to return to the home page.
And, how about playing along? If you liked this challenge give me some feedback and I hope you'll add your own "Sparkle" Clean and Simple card to our linky. This challenge is open until 5pmMT Monday February 20th. We'd love to see your creativity and what you can do with our theme!
Penny Token's Stampin' Spot