Wednesday, January 25, 2017

WWC103 Gail's Masculine Challenge - Anything Goes

It's a Masculine Challenge this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge blog site hosted by Gail Allen.  

Hope you'll join us in creating and linking up your project to WWC103.  This is an "Anything Goes" challenge provided your project is "masculine".

I'm  using One Wild Ride for my masculine themed card today in honour of a wonderful man named Tommy Knight who recently passed away.  Tommy was a motorcycle enthusiast all his life so I thought it was fitting that I create a "thinking of you" card for his beautiful wife using this set.  



Here's My Card:
This Triple Time Layer Technique card may be a little heavy on the sentiments on the card front but both apply to this great gentleman.  The inside of the card is very plain. 


What's different about this triple layer card is that after stamping the images on the white layers as per the technique, I stamped the badge, banner and motorcycle again on some scraps of Whisper White, cut them out and layered them over the original stamping with dimensionals. 

I did this for two reasons:
  1. I think that images such as the ones in "One Wild Ride" are thicker and tend to lose some of their great detail when they're stamped over multiple layers. 
  2. And, layering the images really brought them forward and added the  dimension I wanted for the card front.  
The measurements for my card are:
 Black Mats and Base:
  • 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Basic Black card stock base scored at 4 1/4"
  • 3 1/4"x 4 1/2"
  • 2 1/4" x 3 1/2"
White Mats:
  • 4" x 5 1/4"
  • 3" x 4 1/4"
  • 2" x 3 1/4"
The first time I ever did this technique back in 2013, it was after watching an awesome Youtube video produced by the wonderfully talented Sandi McIvor.  Sandy's a long time successful Stampin' Up! demo from the Portland Oregon area. Sandi provides all the basic steps for creating a triple layered card.

Supplies:
Stamps:  One Wild Ride, Thinking of You sentiment stamp from Inkadoodle
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: Whisper White and Basic Black
Accessories: Trimmer, Big Shot, Best Badge Punch (#140633), Bunch of Banners Framelits (#141488), detailed scissors for fussy cutting out the bike, dimensionals, Tom Bow Glue 


 Dedicated to Tommy Knight, who'll always be the leader of the pack.  Glad I got to meet you and Karleen on your journey Tommy.   
If you haven't checked out the other Watercooler Wednesday Design Artists for this challenge make sure you go back and see what they've created.  There are some totally awesome cards in this week's challenge.  
Happy Stamping!
Penny Tokens Stampin' Spot




















3 comments:

Deborah Smart said...

A fabulous card, Penny, and I would say a wonderful tribute to a guy who loves motorcycles. I'm sure his wife will appreciate how you personalized the card. So sorry for the loss of your friend.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks so much Deborah. I appreciate it.

Celeste Goff said...

First, let me say that I'm so sorry about your friend. From his vest it looks like me might have been a Patriot Guard Rider and as an Army mom we love and appreciate what those guys do for our service men and women! Your card is a beautiful tribute your friend!

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...