Monday, June 29, 2015

Artisan's Anonymous Get Together

One of the best things for me about stamping, is being able to get together  with other like minded women who enjoy stamping and paper crafting.  I come home from these events feeling inspired and invigorated.  There's so much talent out there!

Earlier this month I had just such an evening. I went on a road trip with two of my other stamping pals Maureen and Debbie to Chilliwack where we joined a group hosted by Jennilee Pauls called the Artisan's Anonymous group.

The whole evening was about the "Share the Fun" Annual catalogue and getting an up close and personal look at "what's new". Jennilee had really stocked up so there were lots of "oohs" and "ahhs" going on as we looked at Designer Series papers, new card stocks, ribbons, embossing folders, punches and more.  My head was simply swimming with all the ideas and possibilities, and my "Wish List" kept expanding as the night rolled on.   

I didn't take a lot of pictures as my battery was running low, but what I did take I decided to share with you, as these projects were so inspiring.  To begin with here are some shots of the Make N' Take projects demonstrated by Bev Gasjek and Jennilee Pauls.  

The first was a super sweet little card that features the Sprinkles of Life Stamp set.  Bev did a super job of showing us how to assemble this multi-dimensional card. What a great demonstrator!  I'm not sure if there is a name for this type of fancy fold, but it was sure easy to make and packed a big "wow" when it was completed.


Oh did I mentioned that this card featured all five of the new In Colours and the brand new Elegant Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF).  Loved it!

Jennilee wowed us with this next Make N' Take.  Isn't it a stunner?  The base card was in Blackberry Bliss followed by a layer of Whisper White that was embossed with the brand new Boho Chic TIEF Just look at the detail on this impression.  Exquisite!



Would you take a look at that fabulous paper, it's from the Bohemian Designer Series Paper pack.  There are not enough words for this DSP, it's simply delicious!  Jennilee cut the width of the ribbon down for this beautiful bow and the banners were punched out with the new Banner Triple Punch.  Another must have!
This butterfly was cut out using the Butterflies Thinlits from Gold Foil Sheets.  Stunning!  Speaking of stunning, that is the only way I can describe the stamp set used to create the butterfly that this gold one is mounted on.  

The newest addition to Stampin' Ups! butterfly collection is a 15 piece two-step Photopolymer stamp set called Watercolour Wings.  Oh my!  It's a show stopper and we had so much fun creating this butterfly which was stamped with Blackberry Bliss and Rich Razzleberry inks.  This set also has a coordinating framelit called Bold Butterfly.   
Here's the inside of the card.  Isn't this a great sentiment?  It's from the Watercolor Wings stamp set too.  We coloured the words with Bermuda Bay, Blackberry Bliss and Hello Honey markers. 
See this ribbon, well I won it.  Yippee Skippee!!!!  If I didn't mention it already, here's another great thing about these get-togethers, there are always awesome door prizes.  This is the new 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon in Bermuda Bay.  It also comes in  Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake.  Thanks Jennilee!

Jennilee also gave us a hands on demonstration of the new Gift Bag Punch Board.  I took some samples of gift bags I've made and I'll show you more in an upcoming post, but for now, here's a teaser: 


Here are some of the pictures of the displays provided by Jennilee and the other demonstrators.  See what I mean by inspiration.  


How's this for a great way to show off the new In Colours:  Cucumber Crush, Watermelon Wonder, Delightful Dijon, Tip Top Taupe and Mint Macaron. 

I really liked this card class display board which features a Sprinkle of Life card class.  Looks awesome!

Another beautiful butterfly made with the Watercolor Wings stamp set.  The smaller white butterfly is cut with the smallest of the two new dies in the Bold Butterfly Framelits set, and the larger butterfly is cut with the other.  
 


Well that's it for this post, but I just want to finish by saying it was simply a great evening, with a great hostess, wonderful prizes, and awesome  company.  What more could you ask for?

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you found something inspiring too.  Come back again......


Happy Stamping! 
Penny Tokens

No comments:

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...