Saturday, May 2, 2015

Celebrate Today - Birthday Balloons

I recently purchased the Celebrate Today Photopolymer stamp set from the Occasions Catalogue. Unfortunately life gets in the way, so I hadn't had any "me" time to ink it up and play with it.  All that changed however when I was checking out my stamping friend Diane Ison's class invite on her Face Book page Teach To Stamp. I took one look at her featured class card and began to smile.......no change that, I began to "grin".......... very widely!

Her delightful card featured a monochromatic card face filled with the balloons from Celebrate Today. From my first glimpse I wanted to CAS it. This is just totally a fun card, and one I would personally like to receive.   Here's Diane's version:

Diane stamped the balloons in Soft Sky, Pool Party and Bermuda Bay inks on a Whisper White card base, working from lightest to darkest ink, and centering her first balloon image. You couldn't get much easier than that, and oh my, what an impact this card has.  Easy to mail too!  Thanks Diane for always inspiring!
Here's My Version:

To make this card my own I started with a Bermuda Bay card stock base that measured 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 and was scored at 4 1/4".  Because I wanted a little glitz, I added a 5 1/4" x 4" layer of dazzling diamonds glimmer paper (which I can't get enough of).  And finally I added my stamped Whisper White layer which measures 5 x 3 3/4".  

I used Lost Lagoon, Pool Party and Soft Sky inks to stamp the balloons and went from lightest to darkest overlapping the balloons as I went. Note:  Quite truthfully, I had a little difficulty with my balloons stamping as evenly as Diane's did, but it appears there was a fine film or fluff on my stamp which blocked the colour application, and I don't believe my stamp pads which are the originally ones were juicy enough.  I've since cleaned the stamps and re-inked the pads and experienced instant stamping success.  The moral of this note is make sure you have clean stamps and juicy pads before you start your project.

To finish off the card face I added three basic rhinestones and stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment with two separate stamps from the Celebrate Today Photopolymer Stamp set, mounted on a clear block.
This is the Celebrate Today Stamp set and coordinating Balloon Framelits bundle.  The stamp set has 17 photopolomer two-step stamps that can be layered to give you many different images for your projects.  

Here's a view of the inside of my card I made.  The framelit that I used for the sentiment is from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Die. I know I'm going to be using these sentiments a lot because they're fun to make and they say it all!




Here's some additional cards I made with Blushing Bride, Pink Pirouette and Regal Rose inks and cardstock.    What fun!




Any one up for a class?  If so contact me by email.

I hope you enjoyed these cards.  The Occasions catalogue is only available until June 2nd so if you are interested in this stamp set don't delay, order today. 

Happy Stamping!
Penny Tokens 

No comments:

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...