Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Try Stampin' On Tuesday #181

Try Stampin' On Tuesday posted another great sketch yesterday with the theme "Whatever Makes You Happy". 

I decided to combine this sketch with the Paper Player's  CAS challenge #209 to make a clean and simple child's birthday card. 

Clean and simple means limiting the layers and embellishments, and not having anything overly fussy.  This presents a real challenge for me, because I usually like having lots of layers.  


Here's My Card:   
I don't have many stamps that are geared towards children, so this presented a problem for me, but in the end I decided to go with a circus theme and chose the elephant from the "You're Amazing" stamp set to take center stage on my card.

I chose primary colours for my card and tried to keep as much white space as possible to keep it "clean". 

This is the inside of the card. 

I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the words "it's your day" in rows on the Whisper White card stock.  Once I had six rows stamped, I ran the piece through the Big Shot with the Scallops Embossing Folder.  A banner with some retired DSP is mounted on Daffodil Delight card stock.

The elephant is stamped in Basic Gray on Whisper White card stock.  The only colour I've applied is a red marker and three pearls that have been coloured with markers.  Did you know that you can colour rhinestones and pearls with Stampin' Ups! new Blendability markers?  They do an awesome job and because they're alcohol based, the colour holds.


Supplies: 
Stamp Sets:  You're Amazing (retired), Happiest Birthday Wishes (Retired Hostess set)
Card Stock:  Whisper White, Real Red, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight
Ink:  Basic Gray, Real Red, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight
Accessories:  Big Shot, Trimmer, Circle Collection Framelits, 2" circle punch, Basic Pearls, Sharpie Markers

Well that's it for today, hope you'll come back and visit again soon! 

Happy Stampin'!
Penny Tokens

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute! Definitely works for a child's birthday. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin on Tuesday!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks Hillary. Appreciate your taking the time to comment.

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is very cool...love the way you stamped between the embossed lines! Thanks for much for playing with my Paper Players challenge this week!

laurie said...

Fun card, I love the set you chose to use! Perfect for a Birthday card!

Mike said...

Penny, I love your design! The banner of numbers really pops! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

Claire Broadwater said...

Penny, I love this little elephant and the colors are so bright and happy on your card! Such a great idea to stamp between the embossing! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Lynda said...

I love the colours you've chosen, so bright and funky!! Lovely card :-) Thankyou for joining us at Try Stampin' On Tuesdays xx

Cazro said...

A lovely colourful card, the use of primary colours keeps it sharp and clean, a super fun inside of the card too. Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stamping on a Tuesday. Caz

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...