Saturday, August 3, 2013

Thin Lit Dies Just Released and Life Just Got Easier!

Would you love to create movement or flip flop cards but you don't know how to go about cutting them out or you just don't want the hassle?  I've got news that will change your mind.  Thanks to Stampin' Up!, movement card creating just got a whole lot easier and you're going to love it!  And I can show you how!

I should know how difficult it can be, because I just recently demonstrated this flip card in my Masculine Card Class.  

This WOW factor card was a fun challenge for both my students and myself, but it could have been so much easier.  For one thing, it took a bit longer to demonstrate as I had to work closely with each member of the class on the scoring and placement of the framelit die, and making sure nothing moved during the process of creating the flip window.  

Now I know why they call it a WOW card! It's because it was a scary process both for me and my students, and at the end we all went "wow". Honestly, who'd want to ruin such a big chunk of card stock if the framelit die shifted  ............. not me!  Anyway the long and short of it is that doing it the old way was fun, but the whole process was really slow in a class.  And, even though I really loved this card and thought about making  a similar one for a swap card at Convention, the thought of duplicating all the steps over and over again, simply intimidated me.

Okay so what's changed and why am I excited now?  Simply this.  During Convention we saw the most awesome demonstration of a new product called "THINLIT CARD DIES".   What made it even super duper exciting is that right after Shelli demonstrated this new technique, I won the Label Card Thinlits Die during at Prize Patrol!!!!!! Dancing up and down here!

There are some products you just have to see in action before you realize how much you need them, right? This is one of them!   

These new card dies come with extra die pieces that have versatile designs, so you can use them on other projects, not just flip cards. (The Circle Card Thinlits Die comes with 10 total pieces; the Label Card Thinlits Die comes with nine total pieces.)  Great value-especially to create an interactive card!  So check out this video and then I'll give you some more details. 



Available August 1, 2013


These impressive "flip" cards will make perfect invitations, Christmas or All Occasion cards.  The main shape in the cards (circle and label) can work with a lot of Stampin' Up!s stamp images so you can create tons of different kinds cards using many different stamp sets. Here are just a few suggestions to get you started:

Label Card Thinlits Die (item 133479):

  • Happy Day Stamp Set (item 130294 W item 130297 C)

Circle Card Thinlits Die (item 133480) - $40.95
  • Worth the Wait Stamp (item 131094 W)
  • Five-Way Flower Stamp (item 131088 W)
Both card dies pair well with:
  • Oh, Hello Stamp Set (item 131931 W item 130733 C)
  • Yippee-Skippee! Stamp Set (item 131341 W item 131344 C) 
  • Really Good Greetings Stamp Set (item 130330 W item 130333 C) 
  • Regarding Dahlias Stamp Set (item 130324 W item 130327 C)

These dies also work well with our new magnetic platform (item 130658) so you can place the dies exactly where you want them!

Want more information or to see a demonstration, "try" before you buy?  Then just call or email me on my web contact page to to arrange a time.  

No comments:

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...