Monday, January 21, 2013

Thank You Cards for Friends

As I've mentioned before I have limited Stampin' Up! supplies in my little home away from home. So when I got around to making a batch of "Thank You" cards post-Christmas, I had to make do with what was on hand.  What a challenge!

I miss all my Stampin' Up! supplies and tools so much, but it also gives me a bit of a reality check.  I have to remember that you do not need it all and your creativity is only as limited as you choose it to be.  There are always choices. 

So with that in mind, I decided to make small gift cards with matching envelopes and liners for my friends and family who were so kind through the Christmas season.  

Getting Started:
I checked out my stash and began by choosing designer paper and then trying to match it to card stock, ink and ribbon I had.  This approach worked well.  I had a non-SU patterned paper that blended well with some Close to Cocoa (retired),  Always Artichoke and Very Vanilla card stocks. And, as luck would have it, some matching inks and a few yards of Always Artichoke seam binding.  Okay that was all I needed to get started.  Yeah!!!

Here are the six cards and matching envelopes I made.  I was also able to squeeze in a small box for a birthday present.  More on that later and a different post.  


I didn't have a sketch to work with.   I just wanted something simple that would be quick to make and easily mailed.  I decided to make the cards in the following measurements:

  • Card base in Close to Cocoa measures 4 1/2 x 4" with a side fold.
  • Always Artichoke layer was 4 1/4 by 3 3/4"
  • DSP layer was 4 by 3 1/2"
This layout worked well with the leaf patterns on the designer paper and allowed lots of room for the ribbon and sentiment.  Each card has a slightly different look, but if they were given as a set would look really nice. 


Don't you just love this sentiment?  This tiny set called Itty Bitty Banners (126257 cm/126255 w) is on page 134 of the Idea Book and Catalogue (IB&C).   I took advantage of Stampin' Ups! one day 15% off sale back in October and  bought it and it's served me well ever since.  There are 6 perfect sentiments in this set and it has the advantage of having a matching framelit die set called "BittyBanners" on pg. 191 of the IB&C.  The "Thank You" sentiment worked perfectly on my card.  It was stamped in Close to Cocoa on Very Vanilla card stock and then mounted with dimensionals.
Itty Bitty Banners Item # 126257 (cm) $14.95 or wm 126255 $19.95 

page 134 IB&C. 


Bitty Banners Framelits - 3 dies, largest  2 1/4" x 1/2".  Coordinates with Itty Bitty Stamp Set, and Blue Ribbon Stamp set on page 33 IB&C.
Item # 129267 $18.95.


I made the matching envelopes with my old Score Pal. Let me tell you I really needed my Simply Scored tool with all the accurate measurements, and the Simply Scored plate that makes envelope making so easy.  


I always stamp the back of my cards with a Stampin' Up! Trademark stamp and usually  my personalized name stamp.  Since I didn't have the latter, I added my  signature Palm Tree stamp.  


LINKS TO OTHER CURRENT PROMOTIONS
YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK OUT:
  1. Fancy Friends Kit 
  2. Valentines Day Promotions
  3. Talking Tags
  4. Stampin Trimmer
  5. Clearance Rack

 Happy Stamping.  Please leave a comment if you liked this post and found it helpful!

Penny Tokens

No comments:

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...