Sunday, June 24, 2012

More Ornament Punch Flowers

Yesterday after I told you how much I loved roses and showed you how easy they were to make, I began thinking of ways to use them.  They could be used in place of bows on gift wrap, on a card front, on the lid of a gift can or box.  They would also make perfect place setting holders for the dining room table.   

With that thought in mind, it occurred to me that I might have some great ideas just lurking around the corner in my china cabinet. 

I have a full set of "Old Country Rose" dishes that I've been collecting since my husband and I married 40+ years ago that are used for special occasions.  Here is one of the beautiful porcelain rose ornaments that I set on the table when I'm having a special tea or luncheon.  Don't you just love the rich colours?

I was inspired to make a yellow rose using our regular "So Saffron" cardstock and Primrose Petals ink.  Here's what I came up with: 

Here's my completed rose. It uses the same method as the one in the tutorial however I've punched the petals from So Saffron Cardstock and inked "both" sides of the petal with Primrose Petals Ink.  I added three leaves that I punched from Wild Wassabi cardstock using the Scallop Oval punch.  I also embossed the leaves with the Dots Embossing Folder to give some texture.  In retrospect I should have sponged the edges ............ oh well next time!


I plan to make these beautiful roses for each place setting and add a decorative label with the guest's name on it.   I know they're going to love this!

Here's the finished rose from a different angle. 
From start to finish this rose took about 10 minutes to make and it was so much fun waiting to see what it would look like when assembled.  Personally I love it and I hope you do too. 

Happy stamping and creating and let me know whether you like this one or not. 

8 comments:

lisa808 said...

Beautiful! and perfect with your china.

Debbie Martin said...

So beautiful and your guests will love it. Goes so well with your china, too.

Brenda Rigby Riehle said...

Gorgeous!! I think your guests are going to be very impressed! I still have to try out your tutorial; thanks so much for posting it.

Patti said...

Gorgeous Penny. Will be quite impressive on the table.

Unknown said...

These are beautiful!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Beautiful roses Penny!! They remind me of my grandmothers' very favorite peace roses!

wanda box said...

amazingly awesome I love how the roses look. thanks for sharring

Terry said...

Very pretty!

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...