Monday, January 2, 2012

Stampin' Queen's Sketch Challenge - SQSC19

I love this latest sketch from Stampin' Queen's Designers. It's clean and simple and would lend itself well for any occasion. For my card  I chose not to modify the placement of the circle shapes although the challenge said the design could be rotated and the shapes could have been replaced, as long as the general layout was recognizable.  Here is my card:
I chose a Whisper White background layered with Island Indigo. I embossed the next layer of Whisper White with the Manhattan Embossing Folder to give it a little extra detail.  I find this combination very romantic. 

For the shapes I chose the circle image from the Just Believe stamp set featured in the 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalogue.  I've added Basic Rhinestones for the flower centers and have mounted them with dimensionals.

I just can't get enough of this beautiful ribbon.  It's so stylish and feminine.  The other wonderful thing about it is that when it's cut it doesn't fray............ now that's exciting. 

For the inside of my card I chose the frienship saying from the Bold Blossoms set.  It's stamped in Island Indigo.  I also added a 1/2" strip of Island Indigo cardstock and stamped the new border image from the Bordering on Romance stamp set, in the soon to be released Occasions Mini catalogue.  I love these long images and the extra element they add to the card.  I know they'll be seeing ink a lot this season.

6 comments:

Patti said...

This is so pretty Penny. Love the white with the Island Indigo. It makes for a very classy combo.

Ruthie said...

thnaks you for the sweet comment on my blog! Love the simplicity of this card!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Love what you did with sketch too! (I got a little side-tracked (Forgive me for being nosey! LOL!)

Lisa said...

Simply Beautiful Penny and I love your blog!

Angie said...

Lovely clean crisp card - and great blending of the different stamp sets...

Sharon Wheet said...

Penny, your card is pretty. I love that you paid attention to detail, and continued the same floral image in the circle and added the cented rhinestone. Simply pretty!
thank you for playing along with us @ SQSC

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...