Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mojo Monday 155

Here's a look at my entry for Mojo Monday #155.  I used a retired Stampin' Up! stamp set called City of David, which I still really like.  I used Cajun Craze along with Early Espresso and Sage Shadow cardstock.  the DSP is also retired (have to use up some of my older things............. but I don't mind it's like seeing old friends again). 

A little difficult to see, but I smooched around the circle, the star,  and the Cajun Craze and Early Espresso panels with the gold smooch spray to give the card more of an exotic feel.  I used the square lattic embossing folder on the 3 panels to give them more of a screenlike texture.  Because I wanted to have the bow attached at the side of the card I decided to  build upon the original city in the City of David stamp by adding additional buildings.  I simply stamped the city stamp 3 times on Whisper White card stock and painted all three pictures in More Mustard, Sage Shadow and Cajun Craze stamping ink.  Once the ink dried I cut out parts of the city from two of the images and then added them on top of the original stamped image with dimensionals to give it a 3-D effect.
A little closer look at the detail.  I've layered the small and large tag punchimages and attached them with a brass brad.  I used the small star punch for the star. 

I wanted the inside of the card to be fairly simple so I only added a bit of colour by gluing a plain DSP border that was distressed with Cajun Craze ink on the bottom of Confetti cardstock.  I stamped the verse in the middle of the page and then I used my Cajun Craze markers to color up only the stars on the City of David stamp and then stamped them over the verse.  To make sure I was centered I used my Thinga.ma.jig and it worked well in getting the proper alignment.

Thanks for coming and visiting my site.  I hope you enjoyed this latest entry.  Let me know what you think.

13 comments:

Patti said...

What a pretty Christmas card. Loved the choice of colors.

Heather Howe said...

Such a beautiful card. Great colors. Awesome job! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations. Following you now. :-)
Heather Howe
www.stampingknowhowe.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Penny, this is gorgeous! You can see the depth and texture even in a photo. The explanation of how you created it is really easy to follow and very inspiring. Thanks!

Oh, and the colour combo is just divine!

Ann Schach said...

Love it,Penny! Great job with the Mojo sketch!

helloholley said...

Oh Penny!!!! I'm speechless....this is sooooo stunningly Gorgeous!!!! It's a WOW for sure!!!!

Crystal said...

Very nice...great job on the challenge! I need to break out some old colors and use them up, too. :)

Chanda said...

Penny, this is gorgeous! The details are stunning! You do beautiful work! Thanks for your kind comments on the boards and on my blog! You're a gem!

chanda stehlik
www.onecraftymommy.com

Nanci said...

Very nice Cristmas card.
Too cute!
I'm following you through SC. Hope you'll join me too!
Nanci
http://crafthavenretreats.blogspot.com

paper bag create said...

GORGEOUS...GORGEOUS... LOVE it!!!
:)

Shanda Stirk said...

Very pretty card - I love that stamp set. I am now following your blog.

Shanda Stirk said...

Your card is really pretty - I really love that stamp set. I am now following your blog.

Lisa said...

Hi Penny. I saw the comment you left on my blog and I wanted to let you know that I am now following yours too!

Diana Carr said...

Nice card. I like the colors and texture. I am now following you from Stampin' Connection. www.secretlifeofpaper.blogspot.com

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Rainbows, a Pot of Gold, Leprechauns green beer and shenanigans are all part of celebrating St. Patty's Day on March 17th. I have a sma...