Friday, July 23, 2010

Scallop Circle Card

I had a little time on my hands today, so I thought I would play with one of my new stamp sets from Stampin' Up! called "Sense of Time" (pg. 127 IB&C #113804.)  This beautiful set of 4 stamps (2 sentiment an 2 image) is perfect for vintage style retirement cards and that was what I had on my mind today when I sat down to create.

Once again I've used the scallop circle template that Jenn Picard designed for UStamp's Early Edition Summer 2010 session. 

View of the inside of the card.  I repeated the circle layering.
This is such a fun and easy card to make that "time just flew by".  My version uses one of the new InColors, Concord Crush, combined with Basic Black, Basic Gray and Whisper White.  I've embossed with clear embossing powder and used basic grey taffeta ribbon and some clear rhinestones for embellishments.

Here's a view of the outside of the card.  It almost looks blue in this picture, but trust me it is Basic Grey with Concord Crush.  I used the Square Lattice textured impressions folder to give it some added appeal.  I really love that texture plate and my Big Shot.  How can you tell! 
I used clear rhinestones on the cog design to give it some pizazz and mounted it on dimensionals.
































If you are interested in viewing the 40 other projects and challenges on UStamp Early Summer Edition 2010 or getting a PDF copy of the tutorial used for the Scallop Circle card,  there is still time to join up. Just click on this link for more information. http://www.ustampwithdawn.blogspot.com/.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Penny, this card is truly fabulous, I love everything about it even the easel design of it, love love love it!!!

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #572:

April has sure been living up to its reputation for rain showers but it's been really on the cold side which isn't normal for this t...