Sunday, August 30, 2009

Water Colour Roses

Here's a sneak peek at some future cards I'll be making using the water colour roses technique made so popular this summer by Patti Bennett's Watercolor Roses - Technique and Video Tutorial. If you haven't seen her video I would strongly suggest you go to her blog and check it out. I can't thank Patti enough for the wonderful video and her excellent instructions.

So one of my wonderful customers and I got together last Thursday for some stamping and technique sharing. We both were interested in trying the Watercolor Rose technique. I got out my reinkers, spray bottle of water and some plastic lids and before you know it we had each painted one rose image. We had so much fun trying out this technique that we couldn't stop at just the roses. We had to include the lilies and other flower image in the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set shown on page 98 of the SU Idea Book and Catalogue. What do you think? Aren't they gorgeous. I used Crushed Curry, Pirouette Pink, and Red Riding Hood reinkers for the roses and lillies and Brocade Blue and Red Riding Hood for the blue flowers.

No comments:

Paper Pumpkin Alternatives April 2024 and Sketch Challenges

The past week was so busy that time literally flew by.  I have a number of projects on the go, including working on my April 2024 Paper Pump...