Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Swaps for My International Swap Sister


For those of you who read my August 7 post about Jenny Adams, my swap sister from Australia and were interested in what I had sent her, I am posting some photos of my swaps.

For the first project and card I used the "Tart and Tangy" stamp set. This has to be the best value stamp set in the catalogue (page 126) because there is just so much you can do with it. At $16.95 for four stamps how can you lose! I used Crystal Effects on the apples on the card, and strawberry on the bottle topper. I wish you could see how it brought out the image. They looked good enough to eat!

I also included a bottle topper with some crystal light and a magnetic Tic Tac Toe game. The Tic Tac Toe game is made in a 6 x 6 metal tin and each of the game pieces is mounted on a magnet so they don't get lost or roll around. This is a great game for the kids when you're travelling. I used Summer Picnic DSP another retired designer paper for the card and the apple images on the game pieces.







I absolutely loved making the second project using Ginger Blossom DSP from the 2008 Spring Summer Collection and In Colour card stock (Groovy Guava & River Rock). The 3 x 3 card holder was fashioned after a tutorial on Split Coast Stampers. It was a lot of fun to make and so easy. The flowers on the cards and box are made using the scallop punch, distressing the edges with Groovy Guava Ink and then cutting through each scallop so they appear more like petals. The flower centers are made from DSP punched with SU's 1 1/4 inch circle punch. The leaves were punched from River Rock card stock using the small oval punch. Once the leaves were distressed I ran them through my crimper to give them some depth. All flowers and leaves were mounted on dimensionals. Mellow Moss 1/4" grosgrain ribbon was used as an accent on the cards and pizza box.

1 comment:

Jenny Adams said...

hi Penny - I so so love these gorgeous goodies you made for me - I am very happy to see them on your blog now too! My lovely Aussie customers have admired them at my workshops too! You are now officially famous overseas down under!!
Jenny
x

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...