Friday, July 24, 2009

Stationary Card Purse - UStamp With Dawn and Friends


Tracey Old, the New Zealand Dream Team member for UStamp with Dawn and Friends demonstrated a Stationary Purse with four gift cards for her second round. She chose Urban Oasis and Urban Garden for her Designer Series Paper and her card stocks were in Basic Gray and Baja breeze. What a fabulous combinaton. Tracey used the One of a Kind and Short and Sweet stamp sets for her sentiments.

I've discovered through the chat forums on UStamp with Dawn that New Zealand is a season behind Canada and the United States with their SU Idea Book and Catalogue so they are currently using last year's (for us) In Colours, DSP and stamps.

Another of the wonderful benefits I've found in participating in the UStamp with Dawn and Friends session has been the opportunity to chat with many of the marvellous demos from around the globe, and in particular from New Zealand and Austrailia. These gals just rock! They are funny, sweet and nice and willing to share ideas. Because of them I think I'm going to move my "Trip to Down Under" higher on my bucket list ......... have to talk to hubby about that. LOL!
For my sample, I recreated Tracey's project using the "To the Nines Specialty Designer Series Paper" from last years IB&C. This paper is very thick - almost like cardstock and very wonderful to work with.

Since I love, love, love (did I say love?) Sage Shadow and Chocolate Chip together, card stock choice and DSP choice was a no brainer. Because the pattern on the medallion stamp wouldn't show up on Chocolate Chip unless it was embossed, I used Close to Cocoa card stock.

Even though there is a lot of cutting and scoring in this project it was well worth the time, as it came together quickly and easily and would make a great class. The finished project would make a great incentive gift for a workshop hostess (think wow!) or a special gift for a bridal shower or how about for a secret swap sister!

This is an inside view of the stationary purse. The two pockets which are raised hold 2 cards and 2 envelopes on either side. In this example I have pulled the cards out of the pockets so you can see the design, however to close the purse you need to push the cards right into the pockets. I used two pearl brads on the lid and front of the card and a strip of 1/8" ribbon for the closure. A piece of Chocolate Chip 5/8" ribbon was tied onto the handle to give it some extra Pizzazz. When the stationary purse is fastened closed, it stands up nicely on its base.



Here you can see the four gift cards - 2 of each design. I swapped up the DSP on tops and bottoms and changed the embellisments on the flowers to give some variety.

I used the medallions from the SU True Friends Stamp Set (retired). I made three layers and cut the medallions out by hand. Recollections pearl brads and Making Memories bronze brads were used for the flower center pieces and Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon and Sage Shadow satin 1/8" ribbon (non SU) were used for added embellishments.

Hope you've enjoyed this project........ I know I did! Happy Stamping.

2 comments:

Tracey Old said...

Ooh your stationary purse looks fantastic. I must remember that colour combo I could see myself using it.TFS:)

paper bag create said...

Beautiful Penny! My fave colour combo...but you already know that!
Smiles.

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...