Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop Welcomes the New Annual Catalog(ue)



Hi everyone and welcome to my contribution to the June Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop

This month we're celebrating the launch of the new 2015-2016 Share the Fun Annual Catalogue, and projects related to Father's Day, Graduation and "something new".  

There are lot's of participants in this blog hop so I hope you'll play along and visit everyone's site between now and Saturday night (June 20th).  There are some awesome projects that I know you're going to love!

If you've been following the blog hop from the beginning you will have arrived here from the wonderful and talented Jackie Susnick's blog.  

Father's Day Project:

For my first project, I've made a Father's Day Card using the Guy Greetings stamp set featured on page 98 of the catalogue. Before I share my card, I just want to express how grateful I am that this stamp set was carried forward from the Spring Occasions catalogue.  It is probably one of the best male themed stamp sets I've used in a long time. 

Guy Greetings Stamp Set #137178 is a 22 piece stamp set that comes in Clear or Wood Mount and Photopolymer, and is available in English and French versions.  
Here's My Card:
Love that Tip Top Taupe Striped paper from the Cherry on Top DSP Paper Pack. 
Supplies:
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Watermelon Wonder and Tip Top Taupe
Ink:  Tip Top Taupe,  Watermelon Wonder
DSP: Cherry on Top  Designer Series Paper Stack #138443
Accessories:  Extra Large and Large Oval Punches, 1" and 1 1/4" square punches, scissors, trimmer, adhesive and dimensionals.  


Graduation Card 
Since my niece is graduating this month, I wanted to make her a special graduation card.  While scouting around on the internet for graduation card ideas I found one by Glenda Caulkins of The Stamp Camp blog, that really caught my interest.  As the school colours were exactly what I was looking for, I decided to CASE her original card, with is called a "Peek A Boo Front Flip card".  You can see Glenda's card here, and here's my original CASE with a couple of changes.
This is a flip top fancy fold card.  Just the center part opens up.  I'll be posting more details and a brief tutorial on how this card and the shaker card below are assembled in my Sunday post, so make sure you come back and check it out.
When you open the flip top you have room to right your message below the sentiment.
When I was asked to make something with a graduation theme for this blog hop, I wanted something a little more exciting so I used the same card colours and stamp set, but designed a "shaker" card.

Both cards were made with the Celebrate Today stamp set, another carry over and favourite of mine. 



Here's my graduation shaker card:
 

I added some gold and royal blue seed beads along with the Metallic Sequins to the inside of the balloon shaker.  What fun!  The sentiment is embossed with Gold Embossing Powder.
Supplies:
Stamp set:  Celebrate Today

Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Night of Navy and Gold Foil 
Ink:  Versa Mark 
Accessories:  Balloon Framelits, Metallics Sequin Assortment, Gold Seed Beads (non-SU), Fun Foam, Adhesive, Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder, trimmer, Big Shot
 
This is the bundle which includes 17 Photopolyer two-step stamp images and 4 framelit dies.  By purchasing these products as a bundle, you save 15% off the original price.

 

Something New 
For my "Something New" project, I wanted to share a combo gift card holder and birthday card made with this year's Ronald McDonald House (RMH) Charities stamp set "Sprinkles of Life".  Did you know that for every Sprinkles of Life stamp set sold, Stampin' Up! contributes $3.00 towards the RMH Charities?  I think that's so awesome!

Sprinkles of Life is a 22 piece Photopolymer stamp set that you're absolutely going to fall in love with.  It has a matching punch called the Tree Builder which helps you cut out all those ice cream or cup cake tops in the blink of an eye!
Here's My Card:



The gift card holder on the inside of the mini gift bag. 
Here you can see the gift card holder with an actual gift card inserted in it. 
Supplies:
Cardstock:  Daffodil Delight, Cucumber Crush, Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe and Whisper White 
Ink:  Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Tip Top Taupe, 
DSP: Cherry on Top  Designer Series Paper Stack #138443
Accessories:  Tree Builder and Banner Triple Punches, Mini Treat Bag Thinlits, Dazzling Details, sequins, trimmer, adhesive and dimensionals.
The Banner Triple Punch gives you triple the banner options in one punch. You can make banners in three widths--1", 1-1/2", and 2"--in any length. Just slide the paper in, punch, and get perfectly notched banners (or gift tags, bookmarks, belly bands) every time. * Punch size: 3-3/8" x 5-3/4" x 1-1/4"
Well that's the end of my projects for this month. Enjoy the remainder of the blog hop... and thanks for stopping by!  

Since this is a circular blog hop you have some choices about how to proceed.  You can click on the "next" button below to move on to the awesome Kath Rick's blog or move back to Jackie Susnick's.  You can also click on the Home link and go back to the beginning of the hop where all the participant's blog links are listed.  Come back and visit again soon!

Click here to go to Kath Rick's incredible blog


Click here to go back to Jackie Susnik's blog
If you want to start at the beginning of the blog hop you can click on this link to go back to the Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop site for the list of participants.  

12 comments:

Gail said...

What a happy-looking ice cream cone card! I haven't played with my Sprinkles of Life set and punch yet. Your card is very inspiring. And I love the Guy Greetings done with Watermelon Wonder. Men enjoy colour too!

Unknown said...

Penny, I love, love, love the Sprinkles of Life gift card. Such a fun, happy card! Thanks for sharing.

Created by Kath said...

What fun projects! Thanks for sharing your projects.

Deborah Smart said...

Penny, I totally agree with you regarding the Guy Greetings set carrying over - it's the best 'guy' set in a long time!! I love your Warhol-esque stamping of the strong man image; great idea! I can't believe the punch you packed with the Sprinkles of life set - fabulous card, and a gift card holder in one! Both of your birthday cards are great - I really liked the shaker card (I think I'm just a big kid!). Thanks for sharing your amazing creativity with us, my friend!

Christine said...

Penny, these are such great cards. Guy Greetings always makes me chuckle because of the guy "flexing" his muscles. Such a guy thing that is.
Your grad cards are wonderful and I cannot decide which I like best.
I love my Build a Tree punch, even with its little fuzzy bottom edge. I love what you did with it.

Jackie said...

Penny, I simply love that balloon card. Great for graduation. The sprinkles card is very cool as well!

Buffy said...

Sweet projects, Penny! I love the way you used the Mini Treat Bag thinlits for the gift card card. Cute!

Marsha Reed said...

Great projects, Penny. Love your Sprinkles of Life card.

Stampin' Amigos said...

I liked your Father's Day card, but you won me with the Grad Shaker card! Great idea!

Terri said...

This is the first time I've really liked a Ronald McDonald's stamp set. It's definitely on my list. And the punch too, of course!

Heather Hopson said...

Penny, Outstanding! I loved all your creations. you have such an imagination and are so inspiring! I really love the sprinkles of life set. That is going to be a big seller. it is on my wish list.

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Penny, thanks for continuing to be part of our fun Blog Hop. What fun projects you've created this time! I need a grad card for later this week and will definitely be CASEing that shaker version. How fun is a balloon full of glitter bits! That ice cream cone is perfect for so many occasions. The colours of the ice cream make my mouth water.

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...