Sunday, July 20, 2014

Happy Hour Friendship Card - PCCCS #102

I don't know where the time goes.  Honestly.  How can it be Sunday?  I still have things to do this week, like get this entry for the The Paper Craft Crew's card challenge posted.

Have you ever thought about doing a card challenge or do you get stuck thinking about how you want your card to look?  Well if you do now's the time to start checking out this site for ideas.  There are so many great ones.  

Here's This Week's Sketch:



It's easy.  Don't be shy.  To start, just check out their sketch for the week, then   follow the rules for posting and creating your card. Finally post your finished card with a link to your blog post about the card.  If you don't have a blog you can send them an email with your card and they'll post it for you.  So what are you waiting for try this sketch out. 

 Here's My Card:

I recently got my new Designer Series Pack DSP called "Moonlight" and was anxious to try out some of the awesome papers.  So once I had chosen the paper featured in this card it became the focus for my colours, stamp set choice and composition.
Supplies:

Stamps:  Work of Art, Perfect Pennants, Happy Hour
Ink:  Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, and Memento Tuxedo Black
Designer Series Paper:  Moonlight 
Cardstock:  Basic Gray, Whisper White, Lost Lagoon and Hello Honey
Accessories:  Large Oval punches, Banner Framelits, Circle Framelits, Basic and Large Rhinestones, Adhesive and Dimensionals. 

The Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack is featured on page 185 of the new Stampin' Up! catalogue.  It contains 48 sheets in the stack.  There are four each of 12 double-sided designs. Each piece measures 4-1/2" x 6-1/2".  These beautiful papers are archival quality being acid free and lignin free so very safe for scrap booking. The colour match-ups for Moonlight are:  Basic Gray, Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Sahara Sand, Whisper White.  At only $8.50a package, this is an awesome deal.    Note:  Unfortunately the Designer Series Paper Packs are not eligible for the Buy Three Get One Free promotion that is currently running.

The banner sentiment is from Perfect Pennants and is cut out with the second smallest banner framelit.  I added a few basic rhinestones to the base of the banner in the grouping suggested in the sketch.  The "cheers" sentiment is from the Happy Hour stamp set.  Doesn't it just make you want to smile!  I clumped three large Rhinestones together to go with the bubble background. 

The Perfect Pennants Stamp Set comes in Wood and Clear Mount as well as Brush Script version on MDS.  This 10 piece set coordinates with the Banners Framelits, to make a very versatile stamp set.  Lots of basic shapes, pennants, sentiments and even some washi-tape designs.  Can you say awesome?
The Happy Hour stamp which comes in Wood and Clear Mount styles, has been around for a while now.  If you haven't seen it or don't have it, take a look now.  This is one of those great sets to have in your collection for not only the Holiday Season, but other happy occasions too.  Lots of images to create festive drink-themed cards and projects for whatever the occasion.  There are 17 stamps in this set. 
I used the circle image from the Work of Art stamp set and recreated the design from the Moonlight DSP.  Because this DSP is so clean I could have just cut a 3 3/4 x 5  piece of it and used it on the inside of the card.  The Stampin' Up! Lost Lagoon Ink would have easily stamped over the DSP and been readable. 
I stamped the drink glass once in Tuxedo black on the 2 1/2" Whisper White circle and then created a mask by stamping the image again on a piece of post it note.  I just needed the bowl part.  Once I put the mask in place I was able to stamp the drink umbrella without the stem cutting through the edge of the glass.  I stamped the glass again in Hello Honey on a scrap of Whisper White, fussy cut it out and glued it to the glass.  Same with the drink umbrella, I stamped a second image in Lost Lagoon and then cut it out and pasted it in place using a 2-way glue pen.  There was too much white space on the circle so I inked up the spot from Work of Art in all three colours and stamped it randomly on the circle........ much better.  


Hope you like my rendition of this week's sketch.  Leave me a comment if you do, I'd love to hear from you.

Happy Stamping!
Penny Tokens

5 comments:

Kim said...

What a great card! I love the color combination that you chose and I always love getting ideas for the Happy Hour stamp set! Thanks for sharing and playing along with the Paper Craft Crew this week!
Kim Skinner

Unknown said...

I've been coveting this stamp set since it came out. I really just need to get it. I love your card and I think the moonlight DSP is finally starting to grow on me.

Kristie W. said...

Cute card, Penny!! I just used that same stack this morning. Cheers!

Heidi Weaver said...

Penny, I love your card. I've been enjoying the Moonlight stack, too.

Jan said...

Such a great card Penny! I love how you re-created the splotches from the DSP on your drinks circle and the cheery greeting! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Craft Crew and for encouraging others to join in challenges too :-)

Zany Birthday FMS#628

Well another week has flown by and there's a promise of Spring between the rain drops.  I'm thrilled to see all the cherry trees sta...